Peter Guthrie is my MLA (Member of the Legislative Assembly). He is a member of the current ruling party The United Conservative Party (UCP). I did not realize when I voted for Peter that he is quite the magician. After he got elected and access to his government pension he disappeared.
Peter has stood by and watched as his party has gone on a 14 month crime spree. Apparently Peter believes if we can’t find his finger prints we cannot convict him. I wrote to him today to explain that he is mistaken. His silence makes him complicit. Below is the email I sent.
Yesterday Peter Loewen finally decided to take a stand for individual rights. It is way past time for you to do the same. The following are the first 2 clauses from the Alberta Bill of rights.
- It is hereby recognized and declared that in Alberta there exist without discrimination by reason of race, national origin, colour, religion, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or gender expression, the following human rights and fundamental freedoms, namely:
- the right of the individual to liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof except by due process of law.
- the right of the individual to equality before the law and the protection of the law
- freedom of religion
- freedom of speech
- freedom of assembly and association
- freedom of the press
- the right of parents to make informed decisions respecting the education of their children.
- Every law of Alberta shall, unless it is expressly declared by an Act of the Legislature that it operates notwithstanding the Alberta Bill of Rights, be so construed and applied as not to abrogate, abridge or infringe or to authorize the abrogation, abridgment or infringement of any of the rights or freedoms herein recognized and declared.
The COVID restrictions all violate the Alberta Bill of Rights. The UCP under Jason Kenney has been in flagrant violation of the law for 14 months. During the entire time you have sat silently on the sidelines. You can not absolve your guilt by disappearing into the woodwork. If you have not stood up and voiced your objections, you are part of the criminality. Some day there will be trials and people will be held accountable. You need to ask yourself this. Do you want to be a witness or a defendant? Do not let Jason Kenney take you to prison with him. Stand up now. The Lockdown must end immediately.
I would encourage everyone to send a similar letter to their MLA. We are talking about whether or not our country will descend completely in to tyranny. No elected representative should be allowed to stand on the sidelines. Not even a great magician Like Peter Guthrie.