A few weeks ago I linked an article about a mysterious hepatitis outbreak in children. It seems that article left out a very important detail that Tedros explains here.
These Children developed all of the symptoms of hepatitis without being infected with any of the viruses known to cause hepatitis. If we had a single honest journalist in this country the headline would scream;
COVID vaccines cause liver failure in Children
Unfortunately in 2022 honest journalism does not exist in Canada. Journalists just publish government press releases without asking any questions, even the obvious ones. I have no desire to wade in to the re-ignited abortion debate in the US but a came across an article that perfectly illustrates the sad state of journalism in Canada.
By now most people have heard of the leaked document indicating the US Supreme Court might overturn Roe v Wade. It has been widely reported that overturning Roe v wade effectively outlaws abortion except of course it doesn’t. All it does is state that abortion is not constitutionally protected. All this means is that governments are free to draft laws governing abortion. They can ban it, allow it, or set conditions on it. All options are on the table. In a functioning democracy this means politicians would draft a law that reflects the will of the people.
The fact that politicians can no longer hide behind the court means that they must tread carefully and at least in this instance listen to the citizens. That is the point. If you listen to the citizens it is unlikely that abortion will be banned anywhere. Most people are not in favor of banning abortions so likely laws will be passed everywhere that regulate but do not ban abortions.
Common sense says that abortions will not be banned but common sense never prevents mindless virtue signaling from the left. No organization is better at mindless virtue signally than the Trudeau liberals so Karina Gould, minister of families, children and social development felt compelled to wade in to US politics. As per their unwritten agreement with Justin Trudeau the CBC reporter dutifully recorded every inane thing this minister uttered without question. Since the CBC did not ask the obvious questions I will.
- Why the hell does abortion fall under the minister of families, children and social development? Doesn’t abortion prevent every one of those?
- Why is a ministry of families, children, and social development even necessary? Haven’t all of those existed for thousands of years without government intervention?
- How did the right to abortion survive COVID? In the last 2 years Canadians have been deprived of every right specifically mentioned in the Charter of rights and freedoms yet the right to an abortion, which is not even mentioned in the charter, survived? Does that mean we can get our other rights back by removing them from the charter?
- We shut down the entire country for 2 years because we did not have the health care capacity to handle cold and flu season. How did we suddenly find the capacity to offer abortion services to every woman in the US, a country 10 times larger than Canada?
- If we have the capacity to offer abortions to 10 times as many women why is minister Gould concerned than Canadian Women may no longer be able to get abortions in the US?
Karina Gould is obviously an idiot. She had free reign to issue any statement she wanted, including no statement on something that does not concern Canadians. She also has a large taxpayer funded staff to help her prepare statements yet she could not prepare one that did not contradict itself multiple times. Peter Zimonjic, the CBC propagandist, might be stupid, corrupt or both. It is hard to say what reason he has for failing to do his job.
This is the sad reality of Canada. Cabinet ministers are stupid because intelligence is shunned by the Trudeau liberals, just ask Jody Wilson-Raybould. Corruption on the other hand is held in very high regard which makes Pete Zimonjic and the entire CBC very valuable to Justin Trudeau. Justin is willing to spend billions of your taxes to ensure journalism remains a joke in Canada. We are so screwed.